Recipe by Kimberley Quinlan
Good for when you're alone or when all your family is together. The best feature is that no one has to wait for their special omelet. Great for family fun ,Have the Kids make there own omlete and taste there own creations,Remember this can be used with any ingredents of your choice... Great for all family types get the kids in the kitchen ,Have fun ,,,,,,
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I made this for a quick and easy lunch with ham and Swiss cheese with a dash of dill weed, and a multi-grain bagel on the side. Very easy and I can see where this would be great for kids! Thanks for posting Kimberley! Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 2 eggs, Shaken in bag
- 2 slices ham, Diced
- 3 tablespoons cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons hash browns, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms, caned
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack 2 eggs into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake the bag to mix them well.
- Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
- You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot.
- If you have more omelets, make another pot of boiling water.
- Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.
- Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
- Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake;
- everyone gets involved in the process and it becomes a great conversation piece.
- Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready.