Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great activity for the kids! They love it, and the ice cream is good too!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- ice cube
- Fill a gallon size Ziploc bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into a pint size Ziploc bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
- Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
- Cut off a corner of small bag, squeeze into bowl or cone and enjoy!
- Kids can add mix-in's (m&m's, etc) before they shake for an extra special treat.