1/2 Photos of Ziploc Chicken
After coming home from the store with 11 pounds of boneless chicken breasts, I decided to try freezing some in marinade. this is an adaption of a recipe a friend gave me years ago. The marinade can be used with other pieces of chicken. Chicken can also be cut into smaller pieces and bbq'd on skewers that have been soaked in water. For a nice appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine barbecue sauce, garlic salt, onion flakes, pepper and beer in a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag.
- 2Close Ziploc and mix thoroughly.
- 3Add chicken to ziplock and make sure all pieces are covered in marinade.
- 4Lie bag flat in freezer until frozen solid.
- 5Chicken can be frozen up to 4 months.
- 6Move chicken to the refrigerator 2-3 days before serving. Chicken will need time to thoroughly defrost and absorb the marinade.
- 7Remove and discard marinade.
- 8Grill chicken pieces on a low heat until internal temp reaches 165 deg, about 7 min per side or 7 min total on a george forman grill.
- 9For smaller portions place desired amount of chicken in quart size freezer bag and add enough marinade to cover chicken. Freeze as above.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ziploc Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 431.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 30.4 g