Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
After coming home from the store with 11 pounds of boneless chicken breasts, I decided to try freezing some in marinade. this is an adaption of a recipe a friend gave me years ago. The marinade can be used with other pieces of chicken. Chicken can also be cut into smaller pieces and bbq'd on skewers that have been soaked in water. For a nice appetizer.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, I Use KC Masterpiece
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, Cut Into Large pieces
- Combine barbecue sauce, garlic salt, onion flakes, pepper and beer in a gallon size Ziploc freezer bag.
- Close Ziploc and mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken to ziplock and make sure all pieces are covered in marinade.
- Lie bag flat in freezer until frozen solid.
- Chicken can be frozen up to 4 months.
- Move chicken to the refrigerator 2-3 days before serving. Chicken will need time to thoroughly defrost and absorb the marinade.
- Remove and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken pieces on a low heat until internal temp reaches 165 deg, about 7 min per side or 7 min total on a george forman grill.
- For smaller portions place desired amount of chicken in quart size freezer bag and add enough marinade to cover chicken. Freeze as above.
I marinated this for about 6 hours. IMO, it needs more "ummpphh." I used Sweet Bay Ray's BBQ sauce and a bottle of Corona.
my family loved this chicken! It was such a good easy marinade, I left it to marinade in the fridge overnight and it turned out great bbq'd! We even used the leftover chicken breasts to make chicken burgers with it the next day!
This was a very good marinade. I did not use the freeze method but cooked them from fresh. I marinated them about 36 hours using 2 lbs. of chicken. I cooked the pieces in a skillet on the stove top but I think they would have been even better grilled. I'm thinking of dicing up the left overs for a home made bbq pizza. Thanks for sharing!