- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, rubbed between fingers til fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and stir into the butter that has been melted in a saucepan without letting it change color or getting brown. Then add everything else and warm gently a minute or so. Refrigerate tightly capped to use within a few weeks.
- To use: stir about 1/4 cup of this prepared sauce into about 1/4 cup of the steak drippings.
- (Makes about 2/3 cup).