Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a favorite that is usually served at Christmas time in my church. I don't think that after all these years anyone remembers who originally shared the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Blend in eggs, salt, vanilla and soda.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- With wooden spoon (because of stickiness)stir in chopped gumdrops and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake just until set.
- Do not over bake.
- I found that using a silpat is very helpful with this recipe.
I made some of these with my little grandniece and they were great! We used spicy gumdrops and it really added flavor to the cookies. Great to make for the holidays and I just may do that!