Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Packed with vitamins, colour and taste. Low fat and low calorie it reheats very well the next day. Feel free to change veg depending on what you have or what is in season
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped (seeds optional)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coriander and turmeric with 2 tbsp water.
- Heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds, fry until mustard seeds begin to pop. Add onion and cook until soft. Add chillies, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds more.
- stir in the coriander mix and add the squash and aubergine. Reduce heat to low and stir for 1 minute.
- Add 400ml cold water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add cauliflower and tomatoes; cover again and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice, naan or chapatis and sprinkled with fresh coriander if desired.