Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was hungry for tuna, but wanted something a little different than your every day tuna salad. So, I put my thinking cap on and opened the spice cabinet and this is what I came up with! I hope you enjoy it!!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise (more or less as desired)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more or less as desired)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, minced (more or less as desired) or 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt (if using this, taste before adding more salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- mix all ingredients together and serve over lettuce or on your favorite bread, toasted kaiser roll, bun, crackers, etc.
- Its wonderful!
I made this exactly by the directions except I added 3 tbs. finely minced sweet pickles. Spread it on some grain bread, stuck the sandwich in the toaster oven to toast, and 15 minutes later it not one crumb was left. Much like your ordinary tuna salad, but I loved the addition of the curry, one of my favorite spices. I did not add any salt. An easy quick tuna salad for curry lovers.
You had a great idea! This is my usual tuna salad, with the addition of some finely minced onion But, I loved it even more with the delicious curry powder. I'm not sure I'll ever eat plain tuna salad ever again.
I have been using curry powder in my tuna and chicken salad for some time now. It really does add a different and enjoyable flavor.