Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Zingy good dish! A special treat for your family! You can go mild, medium or hot on the salsa to flavor this delicious dish! Just add a salad and you have a complete meal! Easy! Easy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with oil.
- Add rice to baking dish. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and place on top of rice.
- Pour water over chicken and rice. Spoon salsa over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for 3 minutes.
This was great! We only used 2 chicken breasts, and the rest of the ingredients made a perfect amount. You make want to double up if you are making 4 breasts. Also, this would rock with a dollop of guacamole on top before you eat. Will do that next time. Enjoy!
Not very good. The flavor didn't penetrate the chicken well, and although I don't know whether it was the quality of the rice I used or the recipe itself, most of the rice was still hard at the end of the cooking time. I put it in a little longer and it all turned to mush, yet it still had hard pieces. Despite this, the dish wasn't impressive, even for an easy and cheap meal. I would not recommend this it to anyone.