Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A Zingy good dish! A special treat for your family! You can go mild, medium or hot on the salsa to flavor this delicious dish! Just add a salad and you have a complete meal! Easy! Easy!
Top Review by Bornagainst
This was great! We only used 2 chicken breasts, and the rest of the ingredients made a perfect amount. You make want to double up if you are making 4 breasts. Also, this would rock with a dollop of guacamole on top before you eat. Will do that next time. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with oil.
- Add rice to baking dish. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and place on top of rice.
- Pour water over chicken and rice. Spoon salsa over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven for 3 minutes.