Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one will really give your taste buds a kick start! Sounds a strange combination but give it a go - it's bursting with flavour!
- 2 whole tilapia fillets (approx 300g each) or 2 whole dorada (approx 300g each) or 2 whole bream (approx 300g each) or 2 whole trout (approx 300g each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, chopped finely
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 100 ml diet orange soda (eg. diet tango)
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 small onion, shiced into rings
- 2 leaves Chinese cabbage
- fish sauce (optional)
- rice vinegar (optional)
for the couscous
- 75 g couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- clean fish and pat dry.
- make 3 diagonal scores in flesh of each side.
- cut 2 large squares of foil and lightly mist with oil.
- place 1 Chinese cabbage leaf on each square of foil and top with vegetables.
- Place fish on top.
- Mix fresh herbs, ginger, garlic, paprika, anise, spring onion and orange soda together in a small pan and heat very gently.
- once warm use mixture to stuff fish, drizzling any remaining liquid over the top.
- arrange lemon slices over fish and sprinkle sparingly with fish sauce & vinegar if desired.
- seal foil packages and bake in 220C oven for 25min.
- Place couscous ingredients in a small pan, cover with water, and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover, and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Open up foil packets, discard lemon slices and place fish under a hot grill to crisp the skin, basting with any excess juices.
- serve the fish a-top the couscous with roasted garlic and a crisp salad for a real taste explosion!
What is the oven temperature suggestion?