Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, 5 chopped in cubes and one sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 -4 tablespoons hot sauce (your discretion)
- 4 sweet gherkins, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- paprika, for decoration
- Fill 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and dash of salt.
- Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and put in fridge.
- In bowl add olive oil, cider vinegar, Miracle Whip and Hot Sauce.
- Make sure taste is to your likeing.
- Add pickles, green peppers, onions, and celery to the potatoes.
- Add Miracle Whip mixture and mix well.
- Decorate dish with slices of hard boiled eggs and paprika.
Adding the hot sauce and the sweet gherkins was a nice addition to this recipe. I took this to our neighborhood picnic. Will make this again.