Recipe by ussmcclenahan
A very simple recipe that tastes much more extravagant than its humble ingredients.
Top Review by bloodhound
We always made Bourbon "hot dogs" (yes, I'm from Kentucky!), but used either hot dogs cut into quarters or little smokies. Just ketsup, brown sugar and bourbon. Simmer until thickened. Yum!
- 1 lb johnsonville Little Smokies sausage
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan place all the ingredients.
- Warm it on low simmer until the grape jelly and mustard combine to form a yummy sauce. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- People will not believe that the sauce is only grape jelly and mustard. You can make up something that sounds more expensive if you wish.
- Works nicely in a crock pot as well.