Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple recipe that tastes much more extravagant than its humble ingredients.
- 1 lb johnsonville Little Smokies sausage
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- In a sauce pan place all the ingredients.
- Warm it on low simmer until the grape jelly and mustard combine to form a yummy sauce. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- People will not believe that the sauce is only grape jelly and mustard. You can make up something that sounds more expensive if you wish.
- Works nicely in a crock pot as well.
The first batch was good, but the second I let it simmer for the whole 20 minutes, and they came out delicious.
I grew up with my mom's grape jelly & chili sauce meatballs, so I figured this might be just as good. I missed that extra kick from the chili sauce, but the mustard still tasted fine. These were very well recieved by everyone,but especially my picky toddler who ate at least 8 of them herself! I think a little garlic powder or fresh minced garlic next time would spice them up a bit. Thanks for sharing! Adopted through the PAC Spring 2008 orphanage.