1/1 Photo of Zingy Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
Show your sweethearts some love with these little babies! Zingy lemon cupcakes with sweet creamy raspberry frosting. They are perfect to take to a school party or deliver to a friendly neighbor. They could make anyone’s V Day a little bit brighter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups light all-purpose flour (like White Lily)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- raspberry cream frosting
- 8 ounces cold cream cheese
- 3/4 cup room-temperature butter
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 3 powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Line cupcake pans with paper liners and spray the liners with non-stick spray. (It makes the liners peel off easier.).
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in an electric mixer. Mix on low speed until combined.
- 4Add the butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- 5In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 6With the mixer on medium speed, add the wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down the sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not over-beat.
- 7Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about two-thirds full.
- 8Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Repeat process with remaining batter. â€¨Should make about 30.
- 11Raspberry Cream Frosting~ In the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and jam together until smooth.
- 12Add the vanilla, salt and food coloring; mix until an even colored pink is reached.
- 13Turn the mixer on low and add the powdered sugar a little at a time to avoid a sugar cloud. Then turn the mixer up until the frosting is smooth.
- 14Place in the refrigerator until and cupcakes are cooled and ready to be frosted.
- 15Once the cupcakes are completely cool, frost the cupcakes and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- 16Makes 30 cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zingy Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of