Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Show your sweethearts some love with these little babies! Zingy lemon cupcakes with sweet creamy raspberry frosting. They are perfect to take to a school party or deliver to a friendly neighbor. They could make anyone’s V Day a little bit brighter!
- 3 cups light all-purpose flour (like White Lily)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- raspberry cream frosting
- 8 ounces cold cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup room-temperature butter
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 3 powdered sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners and spray the liners with non-stick spray. (It makes the liners peel off easier.).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in an electric mixer. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Add the butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- With the mixer on medium speed, add the wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down the sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not over-beat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat process with remaining batter. â€¨Should make about 30.
- Raspberry Cream Frosting~ In the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and jam together until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and food coloring; mix until an even colored pink is reached.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the powdered sugar a little at a time to avoid a sugar cloud. Then turn the mixer up until the frosting is smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until and cupcakes are cooled and ready to be frosted.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cool, frost the cupcakes and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Makes 30 cupcakes.
The cupcakes and frosting taste fantastic when done correctly! Fresh zest really gives them a nice kick! Unfortunately, the frosting does not hold a shape well, it looks almost poured on, even with being in the fridge and adding more powdered sugar. Maybe I didn't add enough, but I think the taste is going to compensate for presentation. They are cute!
My butter went evil, they are completely in edible. Awful recipe.