Recipe by nowasmith
This is a jello salad my mom has made ever since I can remember. I had to rename it for Zaar because we call it green "stuff". Don't be put off by the magic ingredient, it gives the jello a great zing. (Time to make includes cooling of boiled water and cooking time is for allowing jello to set.)
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 quart small curd cottage cheese (the large one)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty both boxes of jello into a large bowl and add boiling water. Stir to dissolve and let cool.(I set in refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.).
- Add Miracle Whip and beat to a smooth consistency.
- Add cottage cheese and pineapple with the syrup. Mix and refrigerate until set up.
- Note-I have also made this with sugar free jello,1%cottage cheese,lite Miracle Whip, and pineapple in its own juice for a lower sugar/calorie/fat version and it works just as well.