Recipe by Dawn
A wonderful companion for Tex- Mex dishes. This is great with chili too!
Top Review by Junebug
This was quick and easy to make and tasted delicious! I cut it in thirds, which uses one package of cornbread mix. I also baked mine in a round cast iron skillet and it took about 25-30 minutes. This is a good recipe and thank you Dawn for sharing it!
- 3 cups cornbread mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (drained)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter in baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- The resulting cornbread should be the consistency of spoon bread and very moist.