Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick fix supper dish that tastes delicious. This is of course open to your own preferences of veggies etc., but this is how my family like it.
- 175 g Chinese egg noodles, approx 2-3 dried blocks
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashew nuts (optional)
- coriander leaves (optional)
- Boil the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain and toss with 1 tsp of the oil.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok and add the chicken and vegetables. Stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the honey, soy and lime juice, bubble for about 30 seconds, then add the noodles and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and heat through thoroughly.
- Serve with the cashew nuts and coriander sprinkled on the top.
I made this using one 3 oz package of Ramen Noodles. I substituted peanut oil and the chicken was sliced thinly and cooked in a small portion of the oil. A sugar snap pea vegetable stir-fry mixture was used for the vegetables. For the sauce the lime juice was reduced to 3 tablespoons and was perfect for us. I tossed in a tablespoon of sesame seeds and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. The cashew nuts were omitted. The finished product was generously garnished with the chopped coriander leaves. DH and I really enjoyed dinner. Made for *Aussie Swap*
I used canola oil , and more than called for. Also I added in 2 celery stalks and 4 oz. mushroom slices. I doubled the sauce and used 2 pkgs of noodles. It was delicious, crunchy, and the sauce was so flavorful! My friend and I had it for lunch and it was enjoyed by both of us! Next time I might try this with some pork tenderloin chunks or shrimp. I think both would be really good! Thank you for sharing this with us Noo! Made for Newest Zaar Stars 3/09 Linda
this was okay not sure if I would use the full 2 limes the flavor was a bit much, I also added in fresh garlic, I did not use the coriander leaves, thanks Noo!