Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a tasty and nutritious way to kick macaroni and cheese up a notch. I love to feel my food on the tongue so I tend to use cayenne pepper quite a lot and broccoli is just a great veggie. Rotisserie chickens are pre-seasoned making it a great addition to any dish. Put these together and you have a dish everyone's going to love.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- 3 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, removed from the bone and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Add the cayenne pepper to the macaroni and cheese and stir.
- 2. Remove the chicken from the bones and cut into bite size pieces.
- 3. In a deep 2 quart casserole layer first the chicken, next the broccoli and spread the macaroni and cheese on top and sprinkle the top with the seasoned bread crumbs.
- 4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until heated through and the cheese runs through the chicken and broccoli.