Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I give full credit for this recipe to Derf it was inspired by her Spicy Rice and Beans. When I looked for ingredients and how to shrtcut the steps this dish came about. Make it up in the morning and pop it into the oven 45 minutes before dinner. I served it with Crab Enchiladas and a small green salad
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 -4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons dry dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, more if you wish
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice or 2 cups brown rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, well rinsed and well drained
- Mix all ingredients except rice & beans, mix so ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Stir in the beans and rice.
- Place the ingredients into a casserole dish, cover and bake in a 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake a further 15 minutes.
this made a nice dish to serve up with chili. i followed your directions but also added a can of mexicorn for color, cut the jalapenos to 2 for the kids and they loved this!