Given the ingredients, this is surprisingly spicy. It's quick and easy to make and can be made the day before. It goes well with crackers or veggie sticks. For added kick -- if you like it hot -- add a few drops of Tobasco sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 6 -8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, halved,drained,roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Put cannellini beans in a colander and rinse under running water.
- 2Drain thoroughly.
- 3Put drained beans into a food processor bowl.
- 4Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a few grinds of pepper to bowl.
- 5Pulse until beans are mostly puréed.
- 6Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- 7Pulse several times so that the tomatoes and basil are in small bits but not puréed.
- 8Serve with crackers and/or veggie sticks of your choice.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zingy Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (946 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 33.8 g