Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Given the ingredients, this is surprisingly spicy. It's quick and easy to make and can be made the day before. It goes well with crackers or veggie sticks. For added kick -- if you like it hot -- add a few drops of Tobasco sauce.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 6 -8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, halved,drained,roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Put cannellini beans in a colander and rinse under running water.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Put drained beans into a food processor bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a few grinds of pepper to bowl.
- Pulse until beans are mostly puréed.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Pulse several times so that the tomatoes and basil are in small bits but not puréed.
- Serve with crackers and/or veggie sticks of your choice.
I'm looking for treats that are high in fiber and this is a wonderful tasting treat. I used sun dried tomatoes not in oil and omitted the salt (health reasons). I'll be making this often. Thanks.
This was a tasty appetizer. I had to make a few changes, since I was out of olive oil (used veg) and had sun-dried tomatoes without oil. I loved the garlic and basil flavors together. Roxygirl in Colo.