Recipe by HouseDragon
Given the ingredients, this is surprisingly spicy. It's quick and easy to make and can be made the day before. It goes well with crackers or veggie sticks. For added kick -- if you like it hot -- add a few drops of Tobasco sauce.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
I'm looking for treats that are high in fiber and this is a wonderful tasting treat. I used sun dried tomatoes not in oil and omitted the salt (health reasons). I'll be making this often. Thanks.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 6 -8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, halved,drained,roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cannellini beans in a colander and rinse under running water.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Put drained beans into a food processor bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a few grinds of pepper to bowl.
- Pulse until beans are mostly puréed.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Pulse several times so that the tomatoes and basil are in small bits but not puréed.
- Serve with crackers and/or veggie sticks of your choice.