Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is so delicious and refreshing quick and easy - what more can i say try it for your self!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lime juice
- 5 -6 limes, zest of
- 1 bunch fresh basil, pounded to puree (very large bunch)
- 1. Boil sugar and water with lime zest 4 minutes.
- 2. Cool slightly and rest to infuse.
- 3. Press through sieve and freeze.
- 4. Sorbet takes aprox 2 hours to set stir every 30 minutes.
What an amazing recipe! I should reduce the number of stars because the instructions need work -- but the flavour is so outstanding that I'll just suggest changes. You need to explain when to add the basil and lime juice. This is what I did. I boiled the sugar, water and zest for 4 minutes -- then turned off the heat and added the basil and juice of 5 very plump limes. I let it all cool for an hour so so. Then I put it through the sieve and poured it into a freezer-proof container. It has taken more than 4 hours for my mixture to set. But I have thoroughly enjoyed tasting it every step of the way. This is one killer recipe.