Recipe by White Rose Child
This dressing has flavor to knock your socks off! Lemon, balsamic vinegar, tahini, mustard, fresh parsley- I almost drool just thinking about it. Another great perk: beyond all that, you can't taste the uber-healthy flax oil :-) Serve on a colorful garden salad or as a dressing for pasta salad.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (the best you can get) or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (the best you can get)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a tight-lidded jar. Shake well.
- The recipe is easily halved, if you don't think you can use up the dressing within a week. It keeps well for that long at least; it's never lasted any longer for me! (Serving size as per nutrition info is approximately 2 tbsp.).