Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing has flavor to knock your socks off! Lemon, balsamic vinegar, tahini, mustard, fresh parsley- I almost drool just thinking about it. Another great perk: beyond all that, you can't taste the uber-healthy flax oil :-) Serve on a colorful garden salad or as a dressing for pasta salad.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (the best you can get) or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (the best you can get)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a tight-lidded jar. Shake well.
- The recipe is easily halved, if you don't think you can use up the dressing within a week. It keeps well for that long at least; it's never lasted any longer for me! (Serving size as per nutrition info is approximately 2 tbsp.).
I guess this was just too healthy for us, because no one really liked it, but I'm sure there are people who might find it satisfying. Thank you.
Well this definitely has a zing!! Very lemony, which I love. Very healthy dressing. I have some leftover and am looking forward to another salad tonight. I will definitely make this again.