Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got an email from Biggest Loser with this recipe on it. This is refreshing drink that's perfect for spring. Packed with antioxidants, this tea is bursting with flavor, too. Fresh lime juice gives it a tangy zing and a wallop of vitamin C.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 green tea bags
- 1 1⁄3 cups agave nectar
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh lime juice
- 6 lime slices, for garnish
- Bring the water to boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the mint and tea bags, remove from the heat, and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the agave and lime juice.
- Serve hot or iced, garnished with the lime slices.
- makes 11.2 quarts.
Very refreshing. I used fresh mint from the garden and a Moroccan mint green tea, so had a little extra mint zing to it. The lime is a nice compliment to the mint. I would cut the amount of agave down next time, though, as it was a bit too sweet for us. And I don't understand the yield given. No way this makes 11.2 qts. More like 2 qts. Made for My 3 Chefs game.