Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this prepared on the Food Network by Michael Chiarello on Easy Entertaining. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looked wonderful!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 750 ml zinfandel (good quality, about an $8 bottle)
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix the cardamom into the yogurt and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice so they won't oxidize.
- Put the Zinfandel and sugar into a stainless steel pot over medium heat and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the peaches and simmer for about 15 minutes, covered.
- Remove the peaches and reduce the Zinfandel by about half, down to light syrup.
- Spoon the sauce over the peaches.
- Drizzle cardamom-yogurt over the top.