Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This decadent dessert is under 200 calories and no fat.
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups white zinfandel wine
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can pear nectar
- 2 cups white zinfandel wine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium pears, peeled, halved and cored (Anjou or bartlett)
- Zinfandel Sorbet:.
- In medium pan, sprinkle gelatine over cold water; let stand 1 minutes. Stir over medium heat till gelatine is completely dissolved, 3 minutes. Stir in sugar till dissolved, then stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into 9" square pan; freeze 3 hours till firm. With mixer beat mixture till smooth and return to pan; freeze 6 hours till firm. Serve sorbet in poached pears drizzled with syrup or serve in stemmed glassware with fresh mint.
- Poached pears:.
- In large pan, thoroughly blend wine, sugar and lemon juice. Add pear halves, cut side down, and simmer covered 15 minutes till pears are tender. remove pears and chill. Cook remaining liquid, uncovered, over medium-high heat 10 minutes till liquid is half reduced; chill.
- Time indicated is total chill time.