Recipe by Barb in WNY
An easy main corse short ribs supper completed on a grill.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Oh wow, this had just became my go-to short ribs recipe. So simple but very flavorful and the meat literally fell off the bone. I doubled the liquid to make sure I don't burn the ribs as it barely covered the bottom of my cast iron pan. Making short ribs no longer takes all my time and energy. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup zinfandel
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or heavy skillet, combine water, wine, thyme, garlic, and lemon pepper.
- Add ribs.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours.
- Drain, reserving liquid.
- Grill over slow coals 15 to 20 minutes (or broil in oven a few minutes on each side, watching carefully).
- Turn frequentlyand brush with reserved liquid.