Recipe by KathyP53
Sangria is wonderful on a hot summer afternoon by th pool! This is really good! From Bon Appetit
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 (750 ml) bottles zinfandel
- 2 1⁄4 cups brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 6 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 nectarines, pitted, thinly sliced (or peaches)
- 4 lemons, cut into thin rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir water and sugar together in medium saucepan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves to make simple syrup. Cool.
- Combine Zinfandel, brandy, triple sec, orange juice and 3 cups of cooled simple syrup in very large container.
- Add apples, nectarines, and lemons.
- Refrigerate sangria until cold, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day. Ladle sangria and fruit into pitchers. Serve over ice.