Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A great Fall dessert! Especially if you love cranberries like I do.
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups zinfandel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 oranges, in segments
- 3⁄4 cup currants
- Mix the cranberries, sugar, Zinfandel, cinnamon, orange peel, and orange segments in an electric slow cooker (crock pot).
- Cover and cook on HIGH until at least half of the cranberries pop, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and stir in the currants.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill.
- Great served with a little whipped cream or on their own.
- I also like to serve on top of pound cake slices or angel food or even gingerbread sometimes.