Recipe by Debbwl
A fudgy wine infused brownie with a dark wine ganache top. The cook time does not include any of the cooling times.
- 1 (20 ounce) package dark chocolate brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup zinfandel
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Zinfandel Ganache
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into a few pieces
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces zinfandel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, blend the brownie mix, applesauce, wine, and eggs with a wooden spoon until all of the dry ingredients are moist. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 10 seconds and then remove and stir.
- Repeat microwaving every 10 seconds and stiring until the chocolate is all melted.
- Slowly pour in the wine and mix thoroughly. Don't work it too much or it loses its shine.
- Place in the refrigerator until it sets enough to easily spread (about 10 minutes).
- Spread atop cooled brownies. Let set another 30 minutes before cutting.