Prep 8 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Swiss Christmas treat!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 g confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kirsch or 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 350 g ground almonds
- Whisk the egg white and salt in a bowl until it is real stiff.
- Add confectioner's sugar, stir until ingredients are evenly distributed. Put 1 dl (0.4 cups) aside for the frosting.
- Add cinnamon, kirsch (or lemon juice) and almonds, knead to a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface (it may be slightly covered with sugar), approximately 7 mm (0.3 inches) thick. Put out stars or other shapes and put them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Let them rest for about 5 to 6 hours or over night in a dry place.
- Carefully sweep the cookies with the frosting set aside in step 2.
- Bake for about 3 to 5 minutes in the center of the pre-heated oven at 250 °C (480 °F).
- Let cool completely before serving.