Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicey macaroon type cookie. I have made these and found that with a fan-forced oven cooking time was about 20 mins.
- 250 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 250 g caster sugar
- 65 hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix the nuts, cinnamon and vanilla sugar, set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites, lemon juice and salt to form a stiff foam.
- Add the sugar a 1/3rd at a time. Finally fold in the nut mixture.
- Using 2 teaspoons place small dollops onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Place 1 hazelnut on each cookie and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Mix together the ground nuts, cinnamon and vanilla flavouring. Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice and salt until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar to the beaten egg white mixture. Lastly fold in the nut mixture.
Wow, these were GREAT! Everyone loved them, and they're a great option for those who can't eat wheat. So yummy!