Zimtmakronen - Cinnamon Cookies
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Mix the nuts, cinnamon and vanilla sugar, set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites, lemon juice and salt to form a stiff foam.
- Add the sugar a 1/3rd at a time. Finally fold in the nut mixture.
- Using 2 teaspoons place small dollops onto a lined cookie sheet.
- Place 1 hazelnut on each cookie and bake for 20-25 minutes
- Mix together the ground nuts, cinnamon and vanilla flavouring. Beat the egg whites with the lemon juice and salt until stiff. Gradually fold in the sugar to the beaten egg white mixture. Lastly fold in the nut mixture.