They use different greens in Africa but collard greens come the closest. Adapted from Recipes from countries around the world.
- Finely shred the greens, discarding tough stems.
- Place in a saucepan with the water.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring occasionally, just until greens are crunchy-tender (don't overcook).
- Drain greens, reserving liquid.
- Return greens to medium heat; add tomato and onions.
- Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Thin peanut butter with 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid, then add to vegetables.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until greens have a creamy consistency, adding more reserved liquid if mixture seems too thick.
- Taste; add salt if needed.
- Serves 4.