1/1 Photo of Zimbabwe Greens
They use different greens in Africa but collard greens come the closest. Adapted from Recipes from countries around the world.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely shred the greens, discarding tough stems.
- 2Place in a saucepan with the water.
- 3Bring to boil and cook, stirring occasionally, just until greens are crunchy-tender (don't overcook).
- 4Drain greens, reserving liquid.
- 5Return greens to medium heat; add tomato and onions.
- 6Heat through, stirring frequently.
- 7Thin peanut butter with 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking liquid, then add to vegetables.
- 8Heat, stirring constantly, until greens have a creamy consistency, adding more reserved liquid if mixture seems too thick.
- 9Taste; add salt if needed.
- 10Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zimbabwe Greens
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g