Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Pinchin Your Pennies. My family thinks these meatballs have really good flavor. They don't really retain their shape while cooking but that doesn't affect their flavor. As a time saver I useually use pre-chopped frozen green pepper and onions. I useually use 8oz of tomato sauce unless I use Alidi's frozen ground beef then I use the 6oz. I find that it's best to cook my meatballs for 45-60 minutes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup green peppers (mixed) or 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine (mixed)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme (mixed) or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram (mixed)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- ground black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form into walnut size meatballs.
- Bake in preheated oven on 350 for 30 to 60 minutes.