Zhu Rou Chao Mogu (Pork and Mushroom Stir-Fry)
- Whisk together stock, sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, oil and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together pork, cornstarch, sherry, salt, pepper and egg white. Let sit for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a 14 inch wok or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil until a deep-fry thermometer reads 300 degrees F.
- Add pork and fry, stirring gently constantly, until it turns white (45 seconds). Using a slotted spoon, transfer pork to a large colander set over a bowl to drain.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Add shiitakes, water chestnuts and both peppers to oil and fry, stirring often, until crisp-tender (30 seconds). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to colander with pork. Set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp oil and return wok to high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant (10 seconds). Add sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened (20 seconds).
- Return pork and vegetables to wok and toss until well coated. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with rice.