Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a restaurant in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China.
Make and share this Zhu Rou Chao Mogu (Pork and Mushroom Stir-Fry) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg white
- canola oil, for frying
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece ginger, minced (1 inch)
- cooked rice, for serving
- Whisk together stock, sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, oil and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a bowl, toss together pork, cornstarch, sherry, salt, pepper and egg white. Let sit for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a 14 inch wok or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil until a deep-fry thermometer reads 300 degrees F.
- Add pork and fry, stirring gently constantly, until it turns white (45 seconds). Using a slotted spoon, transfer pork to a large colander set over a bowl to drain.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Add shiitakes, water chestnuts and both peppers to oil and fry, stirring often, until crisp-tender (30 seconds). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to colander with pork. Set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp oil and return wok to high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant (10 seconds). Add sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened (20 seconds).
- Return pork and vegetables to wok and toss until well coated. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with rice.