Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful ancient Russian dish that will surprise you by delicious taste and tempting aroma. Serve it on a holiday table and your guests won't get up until the plates are empty.
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and fry in butter until light golden.
- Slice onion, carrot, and roots, fry in butter until golden.
- Cube beef and fry in butter until light brown.
- In a ceramic pot, put beef, potatoes, onion, carrot, roots, garlic, season with salt and pepper and pour in the broth.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 350, or crockpot for 4 hours on low.
- 10 minutes before done, add sour cream and sprinkle with green.
- Serve Zharkoye with salad from fresh vegetables, pickles, sauerkraut and greens.
Sorry, I wanted to like this dish but it just did not work for me. The vegetables turned into a big mush and the beef was very tough. I don't think I'll be making it again.