4 hrs 45 mins
Pa. Hiker's Note:
This is a wonderful ancient Russian dish that will surprise you by delicious taste and tempting aroma. Serve it on a holiday table and your guests won't get up until the plates are empty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and fry in butter until light golden.
- 2Slice onion, carrot, and roots, fry in butter until golden.
- 3Cube beef and fry in butter until light brown.
- 4In a ceramic pot, put beef, potatoes, onion, carrot, roots, garlic, season with salt and pepper and pour in the broth.
- 5Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 350, or crockpot for 4 hours on low.
- 610 minutes before done, add sour cream and sprinkle with green.
- 7Serve Zharkoye with salad from fresh vegetables, pickles, sauerkraut and greens.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zharkoye (Russian Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.5
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 970.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 38.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: