- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, approx. 5 medium
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried mushroom, she uses chanterelles but any should do
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- green onions, parsley and or dill, to garnish. minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and thinly slice it.
- Pour the water over the dried mushrooms to rehydrate, let sit 5 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and julienne.
- Pour the mushroom mix through a fine coffee filter and sieve reserving the broth. Clean mushrooms under cold water to get rid of any grit.
- Add 1 tbs oil to a non stick skillet, add onion and cook over medium for 3 minutes.
- Add dry mushrooms and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Add minced garlic to skillet, then add potatoes and mushroom broth, cover with lid and cook 8 - 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed and potatoes are soft.
- Uncover potatoes and increase heat to medium high, cook another 5 minutes until they are golden, adding more oil if needed.