1/2 Photos of Zharenaya Kartoshka Fried Potatoes Russian Style
I found this on Olga's blog and it looks delish, putting here for safe keeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the onion, cut it in half and thinly slice it.
- 2Pour the water over the dried mushrooms to rehydrate, let sit 5 minutes.
- 3Peel potatoes and julienne.
- 4Pour the mushroom mix through a fine coffee filter and sieve reserving the broth. Clean mushrooms under cold water to get rid of any grit.
- 5Add 1 tbs oil to a non stick skillet, add onion and cook over medium for 3 minutes.
- 6Add dry mushrooms and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- 7Add minced garlic to skillet, then add potatoes and mushroom broth, cover with lid and cook 8 - 10 minutes until liquid is absorbed and potatoes are soft.
- 8Uncover potatoes and increase heat to medium high, cook another 5 minutes until they are golden, adding more oil if needed.
Browse Our Top Russian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zharenaya Kartoshka Fried Potatoes Russian Style
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: