1/3 Photos of Zeus & Co. Vegetarian Moussaka
lynnski / LA's Note:
This recipe comes from a restaurant in Santa Barbara, CA. It's a versatile dish for vegetable lovers. You can substitute other vegetables for the ones listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2Brush potato, eggplant and zucchini slices with olive oil and grill until soft.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Saute onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft.
- 5Stir in garbanzo beans, tomato sauce,salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmet to taste; and heat through.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 7Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
- 8Layer potatoes in prepared pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 9Spoon on a layer of tomato sauce.
- 10Add a layer of eggplant, then a layer of tomato sauce.
- 11Add a layer of zucchini slices, then remaining tomato sauce.
- 12Spread top with Bechamel Sauce.
- 13Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 14Bake until top is firm and lightly browned,.
- 15about 1 hour. serve hot.
- 16Bechamel Sauce:.
- 17Mix flour with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
- 18Melt butter in saucepan.
- 19Stir in flour mixture and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 20Add milk and cook stirring, until thickened.
- 21Stir in cheese and keep warm until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zeus & Co. Vegetarian Moussaka
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 648.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g