Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon queso fresco or 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, scallions and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add salsa and salt and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a warm serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Very simple, yet a great way to jazz up sauteed zucchini. I used a fresh homemade salsa that was pretty mild on heat. I doubled the amount of scallions. Loved the crumbled queso fresco granish. This recipe will come in handy when my zucchini plants start producing. Thanx!