Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've never really tried a wedge salad before, and I'm loving it! Adapted from another Publix recipe, it's full of flavor and nothing like the bland image I had in my mind of a wedge salad! Sofrito is a delicious combination of onions, tomatoes, garlic and peppers in olive oil. I've just discovered this Hispanic staple, but I'll be using it LOT now!
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, slightly mashed
- 1⁄2 cup spicy ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 cup crispy corn tortilla strips or 1 cup wonton, strips
- Combine the olives, green onion, cilantro and avocado; set aside.
- Remove and discard lettuce core; rinse lettuce, pat dry, and cut into 6 wedges.
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, spicy ranch dressing, and sofrito.
- MIx the vegetable mixture with dressing and stir to coat.
- Place wedge of lettuce on salad plate; spoon salad dressing over wedge.
- Top with tortilla strips and serve.