Recipe by Anu
Chunks of potatoes, mustard and green beans combine with shallots for a colourful vegetarian potato salad. This is great for potlucks and picnics, and makes a light summer lunch along with a tall glass of fruit juice and garlic bread. This recipe, oddly enough, is from www.verybestbaking.com, a Nestle website.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 1 inch cubes,cooked without salt,drained and cooled (about 6 large)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces,cooked without salt,drained (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper (1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced shallots or 1⁄4 cup green onion (about 4 medium)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry milk, water, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl until well mixed.
- Combine cooked potatoes, cooked green beans, bell pepper and shallots in large bowl.
- Add milk dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.