Recipe by ColCadsMom
I made up this recipe one night while trying to decide what to do with a package of frozen cauliflower, carrots, and pea pods. I wanted something different than the usual stir fry. When I found a can of Italian style tomatoes with zucchini in my pantry, I decided to put them together. I experimented with seasonings until I came up with what we liked most. Use more or less hot sauce, and adjust other seasonings according to your taste.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (cauliflower carrots and pea pods)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can zucchini with Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen vegetables in a saucepan according to package directions. Drain Well.
- Add undrained Zucchini with Italian Style tomato sauce.
- Add all seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender and seasonings have blended.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.