Recipe by Helen Ganim
I created this soup initially when I was trying to lose some weight before my wedding. I enjoyed it so much, I make it often. Its flavorful and no added salt! Very simple, flexible. Enjoy! My husband and I enjoyed this soup with a tuna sandwich. You can add/delete any veggies you like.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 12 ounces mixed vegetables (corn, gr.beans, carrots)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 40 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use to saute onions, garlic)
Directions See How It's Made
- In your soup pot, put enough olive oil so that onions, garlic don't stick to pan- at least a Tbs. Cook them for a couple minutes, to blend flavors; stir, so they don't stick.
- Add can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (or jalapenos), mix.
- Add potato, zuchinni, celery, and bag of mixed vegetables, stir.
- Add Chicken broth, then ketchup.
- I like to cook soups on a medium heat so all the flavors and simmer for a while. Just be sure veggie's are tender, especially potatoes.