Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fabulous lunch or light dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles (hot or mild)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted (or other hearty bread)
- 1 lb shaved deli turkey
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, salsa, chiles and cilantro.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 slice bread with mayonnaise mixture; top with turkey, avocado slices and cheese. Broil until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.