Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tomato soup has a real affinity for beef bouillon. Years ago, everyone served that simple combination as an appetizer, and it's as good today as ever, especially if you dress it up a little. Adding diced onion and green pepper gives it that "homemade" look while punching up the taste. Garnish with sour cream and/or chives and you have a great start to your next dinner party.
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef bouillon (or broth)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- sour cream, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the sour cream in a large pot.
- Stir, and bring the soup to a gentle bubble over medium-high heat.
- Immediately turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and fresh chopped chives if desired.