Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Mayo Clinic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat low-sodium condensed cream of tomato soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces nonfat milk, fill empty can
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons croutons
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a saucepan, add the soup and milk.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Warm over medium heat about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the tomatoes and herbs.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle even amounts into individual bowls and garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon croutons and 1 1/2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
I used soy milk and a carton of soup. I really enjoyed the fresh herbs and tomato. It freshened up the soup and made it shine. I used parsley, chives, oregano and thyme. Thanks!