Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this sauce on everything, and it goes great on my eggplant Parmesan!
- 8 -10 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (regular can be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms or 10 button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Rehydrate tomato pieces in enough boiling water to cover for 15 minute drain and discard water.
- In a sauce pan, mix oil, garlic, onion, and salt. Cook covered on med heat for 5 minute.
- Slice rehydrated tomato into thin strips and add to sauce pan.
- Add mushrooms and herbs. cook 5min.
- Add water and sugar, bring to a boil.
- Add diced tomato and simmer 10 minute.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.