Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so fresh---a little like pico, but more of a salad. Really healthy. (Found this at weightwatchers.com).
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces or 2 pints smaller tomatoes (I like Roma)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt (I like kosher though)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Toss all ingredients together in a big bowl, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes.
This was an easy salad to put together, and so good with 'real' summer tomatoes. I just loved the flavors. Next time I make it I will use some fresh blanched corn kernels for another dimension. Thanks for posting a good salad recipe.
Excellent healthy salad - I did add some lettuce and low fat Catalina dressing. Will definitely make again